The UK’s telephone network is changing. It’s going digital.
Make sure you’re prepared with Phoneline+
In 2025 landlines using the traditional public switch telephone network (PSTN or copper) will stop working. Instead all landline calls will be made using digital connectivity (Voice over Internet Protocol or VOIP).
To keep your landline, phone number and handset working you’ll need to switch to a digital service before the cut off date.
Phoneline+ from Wildanet gives you all the familiar benefits of your home phone connected on our full fibre network. Same handset, same number but crystal clear calls and no worries about changes in technology.
How does Phoneline+ work?
Phoneline+ uses something called Voice over Internet Protocol, or VoIP for short. It’s basically the same technology that makes calls work over your Internet connection using Apps such as Facetime and WhatsApp. Call us 0800 0699906 for more information.
Is VoIP a reliable technology?
VoIP technology has been around since 1995 and has been refined and improved to provide you with clear voice quality and flexibility.
Switching your landline to VOIP is easy
Instead of a traditional landline, Phoneline+ uses the Internet to make and receive telephone calls. You can keep your existing landline number and even use your old handset (with an adapter), we’ll even handle the process of moving your telephone number so you can relax.
With Phoneline+ your business can:
- Never miss a call. Pick up incoming calls wherever you are on your telephone, laptop, tablet or mobile device.
- Have more than one telephone number, from different geographic areas if required.
- Assign separate numbers to different areas of your business and transfer calls between them.
- Instantly see which number has been called, so you can answer the right way.
- Manage unanswered calls in a professional way.
- Set your out of hours and how calls are directed.
- Hold, divert and forward calls to colleagues or external phones.
- Monitor call patterns and usage trends.
As a microbusiness, with Phoneline+ you can have more than one number associated with your account. This allows you to allocate different functions to those numbers and improve your customer service by anticipating the reason for the incoming call thereby appearing like a bigger company.